Your smile is one of the first things other people notice about you—are you comfortable showing that smile off? If you’d like to improve your appearance, veneers may be the best way to perfect your smile.
Here’s what you should know:
What are veneers?
Veneers are thin shells that are bonded to your teeth to create a brighter, whiter smile. These molds are created to fit your teeth specifically and they are usually made from porcelain. They are attached to the front of your teeth to cover stains and discoloration.
What are the benefits of choosing veneers?
Choosing veneers brings a number of benefits—some of these benefits include:
• Veneers completely cover stains and other discoloration on your teeth. They are also more resistant to future stains.
• Veneers are relatively easy to place on your teeth and the process isn’t painful.
• Veneers can add an extra layer of protection that strengthens your teeth.
• Veneers last for a long time and give you a natural looking, attractive smile.
• Veneers are molded to accurately match the shape of your teeth the color can also be matched to your existing teeth, so no one will be able to tell you’ve had dental work done.
Who is a good candidate for veneers?
Veneers are primarily used to cover discolored or stained teeth. This discoloration is sometimes due to aging, it can also be a result of smoking, taking antibiotics, or drinking wine. Veneers also add extra protection to teeth that may be weaker after a root canal or filling placement.
If your teeth are discolored, but there are not other issues requiring orthodontic work, veneers may be a good option for you. Veneers are not a good option for those who need serious dental correction. If you have very week teeth, missing teeth, a cracked tooth, or other dental health issues, have those problems corrected before considering veneers.
Veneers can improve your appearance, boost your confidence, and help you keep your teeth healthier. Stop hiding your smile. If you’d like to learn more about veneers or other cosmetic procedures that can give you a more attractive smile, schedule an appointment with Dr. Dennis W. Nagel.